As salam alekum wa rehmatillahi wa barkatahu
(May peace, blessings, and mercy of Allah (swt) be upon all of you)
Sunnahs of Eating:
- Sit and eat on the floor.
- Spread out a cloth on the floor first before eating.
- Wash both hands up to the wrists.
- Recite “Bismillah wa’la barakatillah’ aloud.
- Eat with the right hand.
- Eat from the side that is in front of you.
- If a morsel of food falls down, pick it up, clean it and eat it.
- Do not find fault with the food.
- When eating, sit with either both knees on the ground or one knee raised or both knees raised.
- Clean the plate and other utensils thoroughly after eating.
- By doing this, the utensils make dua for one’s forgiveness.
- Recite dua after eating. ( Al hamdu lillahi lazi atamana saqana wo jaalna minal musalamin )
- After meals wash both the hands.
- Eat with three fingers if possible.
- One should not eat very hot food.
- Do not blow on the food.
- After eating one should lick his fingers.